Concrete Scabblers are percussive pneumatic tools (driven by a portable air compressor) using carbide-tipped cutting heads that impact the concrete. Using a concrete scabbler is one of the most effective ways to resurface concrete in order to prepare it for sealants and overlays, add a rough texture to the concrete, or remove imperfections from the surface.
They operate by pounding a number of tipped cutters down onto the concrete surface in rapid succession. It takes several passes with the machine to achieve the desired depth.
Scabblers are available in a range of sizes, from small handheld tools to multi-head floor machines.
Quality Scabblers for Surface Preparation
Several factors come into play when choosing the right machine for your application, including the size of the area and the amount of material to remove, which our professional team will be glad to assist you with. Our Scabblers can be used for a number of purposes, including
- Preparing surfaces for the application of fresh concrete, grout, mortars and renders without damaging the substrate
- Reducing concrete levels over 6mm
- Removing very thick coatings
- Removing laitance
- Exposing aggregate
- Rectifying over poured slabs
- Creating a heavy profile where material requires a heavy mechanical key