ATEX Certification for Trelawny Vibro Lo™ Needle Scalers
From our UK headquarters Trelawny SPT Ltd have been involved in the design, manufacture & distribution of surface preparation & deck maintenance equipment for more than 60 years. We offer packages of tools for complete deck maintenance to small area patching & refurbishment. The latest techniques of low vibration (Vibro-Lo™), non-spark tools & dust free working are offered to ensure our customers can perform to the highest standards.
The specially adapted Trelawny VL203, VL223 & VL303 are fully certified to the classification: EX II 2 G c IIA T4 under the European Directive 94/9/EC.
These are the tools of choice for specialised applications within the oil, gas & petrochemical sectors such as refineries, offshore platforms, LPG terminals and all chemical processing environments.
ATEX (ATmospheres EXplosibles) is a directive outlining a number of technical and quality objectives that must be complied with to the satisfaction of a third party certification association.
Directive 99/92/EC (also known as ‘ATEX 137’ or the ‘ATEX Workplace Directive’) refers to the minimum requirements for improving the health and safety protection of workers potentially at risk from explosive atmospheres. Directive 94/9/EC (also known as ‘ATEX 95’ or ‘the ATEX Equipment Directive’) on the approximation of the laws of Members States concerning equipment and protective systems intended for use in potentially explosive atmospheres.
The ATEX symbol is recognized internationally, providing safety assurances to users in EU states, as well as assuring users in the U.S. and other non-EU countries that the product was manufactured to high levels of safety.
- Ex – ATEX certified VL203, VL223, VL303
- II – This piece of equipment is made for use in all over ground explosive areas
- 2 – For use in Gas Zone 1 and Dust Zone 2“An area in which an explosive mixture is likely to occur in normal operation”
- G – Suitable for use in Gas atmospheres
- c – Refers to the construction of the tool, pneumatic as opposed to electric
- IIA – Suitable for use in the least volatile gas environment, over ground.
- T4 – Maximum Surface Temperature: 135°“ This values shows the highest possible temperature generated by the piece of equipment during normal operation “